Relationships are not at all complicated as long as you know what you want. There is no formula for relationships to work; what works for one couple may not necessarily work for another. Sometimes we tend to plan weddings with people we are not even dating without even putting some things into consideration and that is a bit creepy, I must say. You come off as desperate and push that person away. It’s understandable that being single for a long time makes you want a serious relationship so much that you make silly mistakes even before you’re sure of who you want to be with.
Here’s a list of things you should consider before you officially start dating someone:
1. Find out if the person really cares about you but to do that you need to refrain from calling regularly. Calling to check up on someone is different from calling because you have no one else to talk to. The moment you call and there’s no response, just leave a text. Calling multiple times puts people off, especially when you’re just getting to know the person.
2. If you just met someone, it’s important to know who the person is and what the person is about. Opposite poles do not really attract when it comes to relationships. You have to understand that before you can be with someone both of you need to have similar values, interests, likes, turn offs and goals because that is the only way you will have a good relationship.
3. How long do you see yourself with that person? Because if you agree to date someone then you want to be with the person for a long time or even get married if you want that. If you do not see a future with said person then there is no need to spend time being with the person in the first place.
4. In relationships, sacrifices need to be made. Ask yourself if you are ready to make some changes and sacrifice some things in life just to be with someone. in the same way try to find out if the person is ready to make sacrifices for you in return.
5. Finally, you have to let the past go. Bringing your past relationships into the present is toxic. You find yourself looking for a piece of your ex in your present partner which is bad for the growth of the relationship. Move on, leave the past in the past. Be ready to build a new life with the person you like now.