Our woman crush is a beautiful and talented Nigerian footballer. She has achieved a lot at a very young age and we are proud of her. Her focus is what we admire the most. She is doing great things in the world of football and though she has had setbacks before she never gave up. This one is a strong young woman.
The Amazing Queen of Football, Asisat Oshoala.
Oshoala was born on October 9, 1994. After going through a rough time with her parents because she dropped out of school to chase her football career it’s safe to say that Asisat is finally living the dream.
Asisat became the first African footballer to play for the Liverpool ladies. After a year at Liverpool, she joined arsenal in may, 2016.
Oshoala found success as a forward for Nigeria’s youth teams but made most of her early appearances for the senior national team as an attacking midfielder. She was nicknamed “Seedorf” after male footballer Clarence Seedorf and has also been referred to as “Superzee” by her teammates.
Asisat Oshoala has been crowned Chinese Women’s Super League ‘Best Striker of the season’ for 2017.
The award follows her club’s win of the Chinese Women’s Super Cup after she scored twice and provided two assists to help Dalian Quanjian win the title.
- Golden Ball award for best player and Golden Boot award for the top goal scorer (seven goals) at the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup.
- Golden ball award for best player and second top goalscorer(four goals) with the Super Falcons team who won the 2014 African Women’s Championship.
- GLO/CAF ‘2014 Female Footballer Of The Year Award’.
- In September 2014 Oshoala was made a Member of the Order of the Niger by President of Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan.
- BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year 2015.
- Golden Boot award at the 2016 African Women Championship (AWCON) In Cameroon.
- GLO/CAF 2016 ‘Female Footballer Of The Year Award’.
- Chinese Women’s Super League ‘Best Striker of the season’ for 2017.
Asisat is currently unmarried.