Nigeria is going to take over the world! We have always known this but now we have the facts to prove it. The UN estimates that by 2050, Nigeria will be the third largest country in the world in terms of population. We are currently the seventh largest country in the world, but our population is growing the most rapidly when compared to all the other countries on the list, which includes China and India. What this means is that in 50 years, Nigeria could have the largest population in the world!
In light of this, we need to start making concrete plans for when we take over the word. It’s going to happen so we need to be ready! Every Nigerian should start submitting their suggestions for the ‘Nigerianisation’ of the world. We have a few good ones:
1. We will make Nigerian Jollof rice the world’s official staple foo
2. We will add the words ‘Ehen’ and ‘Ghen-ghen’ to the dictionary. Also, ‘Mtcheww’ should be in the urban dictionary.
3. We will make Apple’s Siri speak Nigerian pidgin English.
4. We will introduce Afrobeats as a major category at the Grammys and other major music awards.
5. The Oscar award ceremonies will be hosted in Lagos.
We’ll start with these ones and see where we go from there. If you have any more ideas, please let us know!